Monday, August 1, 2011

July 31, 2100

Back To Sherman Island

A few weeks ago I ran into Megan's Godmother, Linda at Brueggers Bagels. It has been quite a while since we have seen Linda & Rick. We had a nice talk. I knew that they have kayaks so I asked if they had been out recently. As we talked I told her about some of the places that we go. I also said that I would call them to go kayaking with us. So on Friday I called to see if they were interested in going out on Sunday morning. Plans were set to meet at our house at 8 AM on Sunday morning. Megan wanted boats in the water by 8:30!
Tim, Megan & Rick

We decided to take them to Sherman Island. Even if they had never kayaked before, this is the place to go. No waves, few people. You've heard me say it before. Megan was with us- a chance to get reacquainted with her Godparents.
Linda & Rick
Megan & Sue

Linda was relieved to see how calm the water was. When I told her that we were doing a little section of the Hudson River; needless to say, she was a little concerned. We had a great paddle and enjoyed having another couple to go out with.
Tim & Rick (such a tall guy in such a short boat)

Dundee Tim

Rick is such a joker. When we were getting ready to leave he said he was going to have to go shopping if they were going to kayak with us again. Our boats were too new! He's funny.

Nothing more to say in words... just pictures!
Tim, Nance & Megan
Grass under the water

No comments:

Post a Comment